Kick-starting the work
The strategic Service Design for Digital Urgent and Emergency Care is a 6-month project to identify where digital has the potential to make the most impact across urgent and emergency care, using a human-centred design approach.
We’ve had a very productive kick-off sprint with our partners FutureGov. The next 6 weeks are all about research and engagement with staff and patients. As well as mapping what we already know about people’s end to end journeys from existing research and data.
We’ve decided to focus our patient and staff engagement in three locations:
- Tower Hamlets in East London
- South Yorkshire around Doncaster
- North West Somerset (Exmoor/Minehead)
These should give us a spread of:
- geography — urban, suburban, remote rural
- service models — co-location of services, areas with an established Integrated Care System in place, places which were part of the previous Vanguard initiative
- digital maturity — places taking part in Global Digital Exemplar programme, the maturity of Local Health and Care Record (LHCRE)
All of these locations also have relatively high levels of health inequalities.