Recently, I’ve been reflecting over our last few years leading and designing better health and care services. These experiences have led to a lot of learning about what does and doesn’t work to enable teams to deliver better outcomes.
As part of our work to lead and support the design of better health and care services, we’ve developed eight provocations for teams to work with as they identify problems and shape opportunities in health and care.
Whether you work in health and care or like to try and transfer learning to other social issues, I hope you find these provocations helpful to:
- scope out and define design opportunities for change
- set approaches and methodologies to designing and delivering change
- unblock challenges through a process of design and change
- think about the right collaborators to convene and involve through your process
- shape roadmaps to deliver against the Long Term Plan